Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bruised tailbone

Yes, I bruised my tailbone. And no, I’m not going to tell the gory details of how I did it. Some things are better left to the imagination. Ag. One thing I can say is that the workouts of the day are quite a bit less enjoyable when jumping around is painful … hopefully this heals quickly. Apparently ice helps so I am giving that a try.

I also have a bruise on my chest from the chest-to-bar pullups (jumping pullups to be exact, seriously …) we did at one of the workouts, and my first opened blister due to the many repetitive knees-to-chest I had to do in lieu of situps which hurt my tailbone too much. Yes, I am proud of this. Yes, I know, I’m starting to think I was right all along that this CrossFit thing is a bit of a cult …

The first half of this week was punctuated by errands – getting my car inspected for insurance purposes, and a trip to the U.S. Consulate in Tokai to get a document notarized. I scored some free double-sided tape from the guys at GlasFit, and attached my registration plates to my car. That was probably the most fun I’ve ever had or ever will have involving license plates.

The trip to the Consulate was worth the $30 fee just to get to check the Consulate out, and I actually got to meet the Consul General (through bulletproof glass, though, ha!) as he is the notary public. I was a little afraid when I got there and saw about 15 people sitting in chairs waiting for various things but I guess their needs must have been complication because I was waved right through to citizen services and was out of there as quickly as could be expected under the circumstances.

Back at work, we’ve been wrapping up the facilitator notes for the Feasibility Study, and I’ve been working on fleshing out the Business Plan presentations and facilitator notes. If it sounds boring, it’s because it sort of is … I mean, it’s absolutely necessary work, and it’s great to get to put my own spin on what is and is not important in a business plan. Having said that, it’s not terribly challenging work.

We did have a good meeting on Wednesday to review our current state and discuss next steps with the CEO and the Chief Business Development Officer, and I’m going to be getting more involved in the business model shaping of one of the internal ventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment